Sunday 17 January 2010

Absinthe bakes the tart no wonder

None of which makes sense you say.

I agree.

I am reminded of organising an Absinthe night for a couple of old friends, some years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe

Having procured the substance, then a hearty 68% abv, bought a green light bulb, sorted out green food (don't ask) and arranged some suitable old French music the scene was set.

Great attention was paid to the 'ceremony', using the proper spoon, sugar, water and fire etc.

Rodney and I were suitably overcome with its sheer potency at the first sip.

John, on the other hand, wasn't initially impressed.

Sadly for us, he seemed to be suffering from low blood sugar levels and without warning, grabbed both our glasses and downed the lot...

'My friend, my friend...' he pined, 'help me', head bowed as he chundered over my floor.

Thankfully, I had just laid a wooden one.

I later found out he ended up in the parachute position on his hall floor, having knocked over some delightful looking china ornament.

I hope he's ok.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Britaine: United Kingdom's search engine