Tuesday 12 January 2010

The Day I Shot My Kids

Ah memories,

In September 2007 we headed to the Lot valley in southern France for  a family holiday.

It was and remains the best holiday of my life.

A beautiful old house in a beautiful village.

http://www.stgerygite.com/oldnotaireshouse.html

On my birthday I decided I would very much like to buy a gun.

In a shop in Rocamadour,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocamadour

I fell head over heels in love with a set comprising a pump action shotgun, handgun and 1000 pellets.

The balcony back at the house provided an excellent vantage point.

Across the road and down a garden path stood a wonderful swimming pool, which my wife and daughters relaxed at, the girls splashing in the water, my wife reading in the shade.

Impressively. at over 200 feet away, I found my targets.

Later to my obvious hilarity, they told me they had felt the little flick of the yellow round pellets skim off them and float on the surface. 'Oh it's only dad shooting at us', they remarked.

Does this make me a bad parent?

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger pookah said...

Nothing wrong with exercising your right to bare arms, and shooting the ones you love! er that doesn't sound right.

17 January 2010 at 14:41  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Britaine: United Kingdom's search engine