Thursday 25 February 2010

One to go

The White album is now the only Beatles Remastered cd missing in my collection.

A few days ago my lovely colleagues gave me an Amazon voucher to cheer me up and lo and behold, 5 bubble wrapped cd's found their way through the letterbox this morning.

With the Beatles, A Hard Day's Night, Beatles For Sale, Help and Yellow Submarine.

The space above the glove compartment is now a Beatles only zone.

I can't really remember when I first became aware of the fab four, it might have been when the films were shown on terrestrial television in the late 70's, or when my uncle gave me all his vinyl L.P's and singles.

All I know is I was instantly devoted to listening to them.

When I bought Rubber Soul a few months ago, the opening guitar riff from 'Drive My Car' pretty much took my breath away. I was astounded at the crystal clear sound, as if it were the first time I'd ever heard it.

Since then I have discovered whole instruments I didn't even know existed on 'Abbey Road'.

Treat yourself.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Britaine: United Kingdom's search engine