Friday 19 February 2010

The joy of travel

Or not.

Yesterday and today I have used public transport for the first time in around a decade.

I don't know about you, but I get jittery if more than about half a dozen people are anywhere near me.

The bus held around 50.

Knees crunched in to the hard plastic back of the seat in front, back pierced by the narrowness of my own.

I read in today's Independent that the 'safe' gazing range for passengers on the tube was from foot to chest. This strikes me as patently absurd. Are we meant to spend our public journeys staring at each other's crotches?

If we close our eyes, we may miss our stop, our get slapped. If we look out the window we may catch someone else's attempt to avoid eye contact by their reflection.

Thankfully it's back to the car from now on...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Britaine: United Kingdom's search engine