Wednesday 10 February 2010

Fighting back against the deluded

Two things which happened this past week.

The first, innocuous enough, took place in a local coffee shop.

An old acquaintance I hadn't seen in years, appeared to be bamboozled when I told him I was an atheist.

The second occurred this afternoon. I thought this was a relic from last century but people really do still shove religious 'tracts' in your face, as if they are handing out money.

On both occasions, I pointed to the red and black enamel star pinned to my coat.

The former asked

'What is that. What is it with the secrets?'

The latter grunted

'What does that mean?'

Quid pro quo Clarice, quid pro quo...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Britaine: United Kingdom's search engine