Friday 12 February 2010

Christopher Columbus and the Book Thief

Yes I know it's Hollywood...and I understand the concept of reduction...

As a film for a family night out, 'Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief' works perfectly well. At times it's funny and the action sequences are entertaining.

The whole thing is of course completely ridiculous...I mean, who believes in Zeus these days...

Greek mythology is pretty fascinating however, though according to the feedback from the ladies in my life, check out your local library first.

Worryingly, the film only has a PG certificate. I'm not advocating it should have had a 15, rather that it should have been made a 15.

The first few minutes of dialogue comes straight out of the bumper book of cliches; 'where's my beer?' etc and is probably the scariest scene in the film.

Recently Pierce Brosnan was interviewed on the BBC. He seemed particularly evasive. I suggest this is because the embarrassment of his 'faxed' performance may have been the cause.

He has now become the new Anthony Hopkins.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Britaine: United Kingdom's search engine