Sunday 7 March 2010

Do you remember your first time?

Let's get this out of the way at the start. This is not about sex.

For anyone still reading, it's about memory, specifically your earliest one.

Memory is an enigma.

Do we really remember things?

Or is it hand me down stories?

Fragments.

I seem to remember being on a caravan site in Galway.

I seem to remember an old teak and metal Roberts radio sitting on the shelf of the caravan.

Brilliant, bright, white sunshine.

Holding my older sister's hand on the trip to the site shop for dad's newspaper.

Usually getting a few pence for our troubles.

These are my earliest memories.

Now I have trouble remembering what I did 5 minutes ago.

What was I talking about again?

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Britaine: United Kingdom's search engine