Saturday 13 March 2010

Anticipation versus Actuality

Tonight I am heading out for a spot of theatre in my home town.

The excellent Bruiser Theatre are currently on tour with 'The resistible rise of Arturo Ui', a parody of Hitler's rise to power, set in Chicago.

Swapping one gangster for another, I have seen a different version a couple of years ago at the Lyric Studio, which I enjoyed.

No-one could ever accuse Bruiser of lacking in energy and passion. Physical theatre isn't my bag at all (I prefer naturalism), however their production of 'The Government Inspector' last year was thoroughly entertaining and I know from my wife, who saw the play a couple of nights ago, I won't be disappointed.

I'm just jealous I'm not performing in it...

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ridiculous Times said...

It was bloody marvelous. Hats off to Bruiser

13 March 2010 at 23:30  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Britaine: United Kingdom's search engine